I posted a few weeks ago that flood attenuation works would not be undertaken on the site until Phase 1 of the development had been completed. This was related to me at a meeting with the councils Head of Planning, with members of CG Parish Council in attendance. Further, because of the rainfall this winter it was thought any delay in ensuring flood measures being established could seriously compromise residents next winter.

However, following a conversation I had with a senior member of Bloor Homes a short time ago I am informed ALL flood attenuation measures will be undertaken between May and September this year.

No heavy plant can effectively access the site at present because of ground conditions and a major electric diversion needs to be established first. Then work will begin on the flood plans (large plans showing what is to be done are held by the parish council).

I have therefore decided to suspend the petition that called for both Solihull Council and Bloor Homes to bring forward these works. I am not closing the petition entirely ad will resurrect it if things done not happen as informed. Many thanks for the 235 people who have already put their name to it.

Link to petition here:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s