I have today received a document from Arden Cross which provides a timely update on the proposals for the High Speed 2 interchange area once the HS2 Bill receives its Royal Assent (at the end of this year) and subject to Solihull’s own Local Plan Review, also expected later this year/early 2018.
You will see from the literature this is a massive opportunity for Solihull and the region, with potential to delivering:
- more than 2,000 new homes
- 246,000 sq m of new commercial space
- 20,000 employment opportunities
- new retail, leisure and public realm
- maximum benefit from the HS2 Interchange station
A ‘vibrant, mixed-use, location surrounding a significant transport hub with fast connections to London, Manchester and Leeds’ will be created.