The redevelopment of Kingshurst is a once in a generation opportunity to create a high quality, community focussed centre at the heart of this important Solihull neighbourhood.
As the third local centre to be regenerated in North Solihull, Kingshurst will build on the success of previous schemes at Chelmund’s Cross and Smith’s Wood. The redeveloped centre will help ensure that Kingshurst becomes a sustainable, well integrated community with enhanced potential to benefit from its close proximity to the economic opportunities at the airport, NEC and the rest of the UK Central Hub.
Kingshurst Village Centre will be redesigned to a high standard so that it offers a range of local services and plays a strong role in building further social capital and local pride.
Based on the updated masterplan the new village centre could contain:
- 79 sustainable homes (the majority being social rented through Solihull Community Housing) all built to Lifetime Homes standards
- New vicarage for St Barnabas Church
- 2,001 m2 health uses and community space, including GP, dentist and pharmacy; a Community Wellness Hub
- 1,207 m2 providing modern, flexible space for a range of retail and high street uses
- High quality public realm and enhanced links to Kingshurst Park and Kingshurst Primary School
- 75 car parking spaces to support the new local centre, community space and the Church
- New internal road layout linking Over Green Drive and Colling Walk
- Sustainable Urban Drainage (SuDS) and landscaping throughout
Access to the survey can be found here: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/4XPQ4M/